Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Cake


Miles had a good birthday! He wanted a cell phone. We said no. He asked for an ipod. We gave in. Now he has an ipod. He kept saying "can we open presents?" Brian and I were laughing because we wanted to say "can we open present?" Luckily he wasn't disappointed in only having one gift. He was actually very excited. It didn't even have any music on it yet, but he sat around playing with it all night. We think we might get them for all our kids now if it means they walk around with headphones on and don't talk. We may be on to something. Gage gave him a gift too, he wrapped up a piece of bark he found outside and very genuinely thought Miles would enjoy it. We had a family dinner after Cole's baseball game (the joy of large families, somebody always has a game to ruin the plans). We ate a lame b-day cake. I cannot believe how unbelievably bad my cakes are getting as the years go on. In the beginning I used to make some amazingly cool cakes. Last night was a white cake in a pan with orange frosting I attempted to draw a basketball on and it turned out to be an orange baseball because I did the strings wrong. The boys all corrected me after making fun of my cake. Then I put Shay on the counter to watch me finish and left her sitting there while I grabbed the candles. I do this all the time (leave her sitting on the counter) and she is always fine. In my defense, I did tell Brian to come watch her and Cole was standing right by her. Of course Brian claims he didn't hear me and Cole said he was busy unloading the dishwasher. Anyway, she proceeded to help herself to the cake, erasing Happy B-day and then somehow fell flat on her face on the hardwood floor leaving an enormous goose egg. I felt bad, but made sure I let Brian and Cole know they each owned at least 25% of the blame for her fall. We finished out the evening by watching the home video of me giving birth to Miles. Very G rated, but everyone wanted to know why Miles' head was so cone-shaped. "What makes it like that, mom?"

3 comments:

Mara said...

I'm so excited to be able to blog stalk you now! I miss you- Mara

Kim said...

Lisa~
Hey, I am glad you have a blog! Your kids are so cute. I am excited to keep up on your happenings. We also have a blog that you can link to at hansenspuds.blogspot.com

Kim

Lindemann Family said...

Hey Lisa. I have a blog, but I'm not too good at updating it. Maybe you will inspire me. I love seeing all the pictures of the family. Keep it up. Danna